Park HotelWarren, Ohio
This 1897 is part of several commercial blocks fronting on Courthouse Square in downtown Warren, Ohio. The building had deteriorated for several decades and had not been used as a hotel when it was abandoned in 1980, the last occupants being a beauty and barber supply store and a lingerie shop. The onion dome on the corner turret was decapitated. The front façade was fully restored including the dome, as well as the first floor masonry opening. They were replicated using historic photos to reconstruct the exterior. A south wall addition was constructed to the rear containing support spaces, a kitchen and ballroom areas.
AIA Eastern Ohio Citation Award for Historic Preservation of the Park Hotel 1988